Top 12 Flat Irons (Plus One Awful Hair Straightener)

>> Saturday, February 14, 2009













We think you should embrace your curls (like these curly-haired celebrities) but sometimes a girl's got to go sleek. We don't blame you but we do insist you use a good flat iron. A quality (but not necessarily expensive) straightener works quickly, damages hair less and gives strands a smooth, shiny finish. Bad flat irons? Well, they leave you a frizzy, damaged mess. Check out the irons TotalBeauty.com readers love (er, and one they hated).


No. 12: Revlon Tourmaline Heat Ionic Ceramic Straightener, $32.99













Rating: 9*
Why it's great: "If my hair could talk, it would continuously compliment itself. I never have a bad hair day after using this."


No. 11: Vidal Sassoon VS175 Studio Tools 1-1/2" Tourmaline/Solid Ceramic Professional Ceramic Straightener, $32.99













Rating: 9.1*
Why it's great: "Sleek, not bulky, easy to grip and does not burn hair or leave that burn smell. The price is borderline too high but you do get your money's worth and it lives up to every penny spent."

No. 10: TIGI Hardcore Straightening Irons, $79.99













Rating: 9.1*
Why it's great: "My hair is curly and hard to straighten [but] this straightening iron works great. It makes [my hair] board straight and the ceramic iron also keeps my hair shiny and healthy looking. The iron does get extremely hot and I have accidentally burned my fingertips a couple of times."


No. 9: CHI Turbo Ceramic Flat Iron, 1 Inch, $97.50













Rating: 9.2*
Why it's great: "I have pretty unruly hair. Until I discovered the Chi, it used to take me an hour to an hour and a half to get my hair straight, and it would only last until I went outside into the Florida humidity! Now it only takes me 15 to 20 minutes to get my hair lookin' good, and it lasts until I wash my hair again! Thank God for the Chi!"


No. 8: Rusk Professional STR8 Iron Infused with CTC Technology, $215.99













Rating: 9.3*
Why it's great: "This straightener will straighten your hair even if it's thick, curly, nappy, straight, damaged or short. Yes, it is expensive but it's worth every penny. It only takes a few seconds to heat up and is very convenient when you're short on time."


No. 7: Vidal Sassoon VS182 Gold Series Professional 2-1/4" High Heat Straightener, $25.49













Rating: 9.3*
Why it's great: "I have been using this straightener for years. My hair is incredibly thick and slightly coarse and I get great results with this iron. It heats up in no time and gets hot enough to work out kinks. I've tried friends' professional (expensive) irons before and I always end up going right back to my Vidal Sassoon!"


No. 6: CHI Wet to Dry Flat Iron, $148.95













Rating: 9.3*
Why it's great: "I was getting ready to go out one night when my hair decided it was going to be frizzy. I tried this product. It was a miracle -- my hair was slightly damp and even then [it] didn't burn. I [was] complemented on my hair several times that evening. So, even though it may seem expensive ladies, it is worth every penny!"


No. 5: ghd Original Ceramic Styling Iron 1 inch, $230













Rating: 9.4*
Why it's great: "This iron is absolutely AMAZING! I had to run my Sedu iron through each section of hair a couple of times before getting it straight but the ghd straightens hair with just one pass and leaves it super straight, shiny and healthy-looking, and the style lasts until you wash your hair. You can also make curls, waves and flips with this and it's easy. This has not damaged my hair and the difference between this iron and my Sedu iron (which I was happy with) are like night and day."


No. 4: Revlon Amber Waves Dual-Edge Straightener, $25.77













Rating: 9.5*
Why it's great: "My hair always frizzes, especially in the summer, and I have a natural curl/wave to my hair but this straightener really works! It even makes waves and curls if I want them. It works out the frizz, leaving my hair feeling soft and smooth. I love it and would certainly suggest others use it."


No. 3: Conair Infiniti 1" Straightener, $44.99













Rating: 9.5*
Why it's great: "I absolutely adore my Conair Infiniti flatiron. My hair is pretty frizzy, and used to take over an hour to straighten. With this iron it only takes about five minutes. My hair is left smooth and shiny, not dry and fried. My friends have paid over $200 for irons that aren't even half as good as this one."


No. 2: Sedu Ionic Ceramic Tourmaline Flat Iron (1 1/2"), $115.95













Rating: 9.5*
Why it's great: "WOW! I am amazed! I thought to myself, I could never finish my whole head (I have quite long hair) in 10 minutes! But I figured I would try. I smoothed it through the first strand and with ONE swipe, my hair was silky and shiny and BONE STRAIGHT in 5 minutes! My WHOLE head in 5 minutes! The only down side ... is that you [will] not be able to take your hands off your hair."


No. 1: CHI Wee Chi Farouk Hair Straightener, .5 Inch, $101.95













Rating: 9.5*
Why it's great: "I love this straightener. I have the thickest, coarsest hair of anyone I know, and yet [this] straightens it all in a matter of minutes. I can't live without it!"


And the one NOT to try: Conair Shiny Styles, $18













Rating: 2.3*
What you said: "I spent over two hours straightening my hair and it looked worse than when I started! I was super excited to use the different plates, but after seeing how my hair turned out from just straightening, I put it straight in the trash can."



The rating by TotalBeauty.com's members.
By Sarah Carrillo, From totalbeauty.

straight hair, hair straightener, flat iron, curly hair, chemical straightening

0 comments:

About

Tips and Advice to live your best life

Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates Digi-digi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP